Visiting Martinique? Here Are The Best Places To Stay
Martinique is an island in the Lesser Antilles situated in the Caribbean Sea, with a land area of 1,128 square kilometres (436 sq mi) and a population of over 350,000 inhabitants. It is an overseas region of France, consisting of a single overseas department and being one of the twenty-seven regions of France and so, an integral part of the French Republic. As part of France, Martinique is part of the European Union, and its currency is the euro. The official language is French, although many of its inhabitants also speak Antillean Creole which is their native island language.
Now, on to our list of the Top 5 Hotels in Martinique:
1. La Suite Villa is first on our list of all-inclusive picks. This is a small but luxurious boutique hotel, composed of 6 modern suites and 9 charming villas which are surrounded by luxurious vegetation and beautiful landscapes. Each villa is nested in a secluded terrain on their own and offers its guests the access to their own private balcony, jacuzzi, exterior shower and deck.
The suites are modern decorated, spacious and luxurious. Every one of them is equipped with a mini-bar, cable-integrated flat-screen TV, and sound system. Some of the suites feature a balcony with spa tub overlooking a remarkable view of Fort-de-France Bay.
2. The stunning Club Med Village is located on its very own peninsula in Sainte Anne. It has been recently been renovated, featuring 289 rooms, all with top notch amenities, flat screen TVs, double sink bathrooms and so many more amenities in order to be the perfect vacation spot for anyone. Services include full service spa, two restaurants, and a lively bar. Being open to a charming golf, this is the spot for water sports lovers, activities of this kind being included in the services offered by the resort.
3. Placed in the middle of luxuriant nature and near a beautiful lagoon on the east coast of Martinique, Le Cap Est Lagoon Resort and Spa has made our list of top picks for Martinique due to its many and varied types of activities which guests can enjoy. Guests can start their day with the simple act of enjoying the surrounding nature, with its warm white sand beaches, turquoise waters, tall coconut trees and the humming birds sipping the nectar from the wide variety of colorful flowers. For those who would like a little more taste of the island’s soul and history, they can continue their day with visiting the rum distilleries. But those who seek a little more excitement are not left out because due to its proximity to the lagune, some guests can also explore the surroundings in a sea kayak, explore the François islets in an outboard and even discover the more exciting sensations of kite-surfing.
4. Considered the most beautiful hotel in Martinique, Hotel Bakoua, situated on the west coast of the island is the ideal destination for a business trip or holiday. Due to it being a former colonial residence, it has retained its authentic French East India Company charm, including wide open spaces, cane work and precious woods in its architecture. The tropical garden, placed next to it, looks out over the white soft, sandy beach and the Carbet Peaks. When it comes to activities, this wonderful destination offers a wide variety of exciting options from steel bands to 4×4 excursions, golf, tennis, horseback or water sports.
5. Nested in the heart of Martinique, near the capital Fort-de-France, the Hotel La Batelière is surrounded by a beautiful setting of lush vegetation mixed with azure skies and clear water. It is a perfect destination for leisure or business trips, offering 193 spacious rooms, each containing a large desk with communication access and international direct dialing for those who can’t stay away from work even for a day. Also, in order to ease the stay of those who are visiting due to business reasons, the hotel is prepared to offer conference halls and meeting rooms fully equipped to host from 10 to 600 delegates.
These have been our top choices for a stay on the island of Martinique which are perfect for either leisure or business trips. So, after choosing a hotel and making reservations, each of the hotel personnel is prepared to take care of the rest in order for their guests to have the perfect experience.